This past weekend, a father-of-one and a 21-year-old woman passed away due to a drug overdose at Sunset Music Festival. Amongst 57 others were hospitalized, the attendees had taken what seems to have been bad MDMA. Otherwise known as "Molly," the party drug has swept the world as being the most popular activity in EDM culture.
The festival was headlined by Hardwell, Jack U, Galantis and The Chainsmokers.
St. Joseph's Hospital staff said the number of overdoses were "frightening" -- the number of OD's is simply mind blowing. Fortunately, cops arrested more than 30 people on site with the drug, 25 of which being charged with felonies.
We can only hope people start to wake up.